Collection and Use of Information
We collect and store any personal information you enter on PipeSearch.com or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number, and in addition your credit card number and other personally identifiable information. We also may request information about your business or professional information.
Information we collect includes:
- Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on PipeSearch.com, you provide your name, contact information, and business information.
You have an obligation to provide us accurate information. You may also be asked to create a profile on PipeSearch.com. If you do, the information you enter into the fields indicated for public display will be displayed publicly on the website.
You can customize some of the information displayed publicly in your PipeSearch.com profile by going to your account and profile settings.
If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public Content:
By posting on the Website, you agree to permit us to disclose publicly the material you post.
- Communications: When you join PipeSearch.com by signing up for an account or creating a profile, you are opting in to receive emails from us or about PipeSearch.com.
You can manage your email and notice preferences in account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us.
Moreover, by joining, you are agreeing to receive feedback and communications from third-parties within the Website, including third-party providers of products or services who may comment on your postings within the Website.
If you exchange messages with others through the Website, in accordance with applicable law, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website.
PipeSearch.com may also enable you to connect, at your initiation, outside the Website via your email address to third-party providers of products and services who you wish to contact outside of the Website.
- Transactional Information: If you purchase leads or information within the Website, certain information collected for processing your request, such as your phone number, address, email, and credit card information,
may be shared with relevant third-parties in order for them to process your request (but not for their own marketing or other purposes).
When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology and use commercially reasonable security measures to protect it from misuse.
- Website Activity/Automatically Collected Information: We collect and may store information about your use of the Website, such as your search activity,
the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also collect and may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Website, such as your browser type,
type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
We use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our Website.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit PipeSearch.com. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit PipeSearch.com, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our Website and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our Website, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our Website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on PipeSearch.com.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Website. We also may include web beacons in promotional [or other] e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer PipeSearch.com visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our Website. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. PipeSearch.com does not provide any personal information to these third parties.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- communicate with you with regard to partially completed service requests;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Website and other sites;
- perform background screening, which may include the use of third parties, on service professionals;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on PipeSearch.com, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to pre-qualify you for credit card and other offers that you might find of interest, to pre-qualify service professionals to participate in our contractor network, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
With Whom We Share Your Information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our Website or while using our services. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Service professionals: We match your information and service request against our list of service professionals. When you submit a service request through PipeSearch.com, you consent to our providing your personal information and request to the service professionals we match with your request. Sharing this information with service professionals allows them to contact you using the e-mail address or other contact information you provided. In addition, we have other approved contractual partners that fulfill service requests, or that utilize their own service professionals to supplement our network, and we share your information with them, subject to contractual confidentiality restrictions, in order to attempt to provide the services requested. If you use our services pursuant to a membership with one of our partners, PipeSearch.com may share your service request activity information with such partner. We may also release information to collection and/or credit agencies for past due service professional accounts.
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting PipeSearch.com functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through PipeSearch.com or performing background checks of service professionals. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you make purchases, reservations or engage in promotions offered through PipeSearch.com or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other contact information to that merchant.
- Other Situations: We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce PipeSearch.com terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Any third parties to whom we may disclose personal information may have their own privacy policies which describe how they use and disclose personal information.
Aggregated and Non-Personal Information
We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances.
We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on PipeSearch.com and on websites of third parties.
We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to PipeSearch.com and the most popular features or services accessed.
This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of PipeSearch.com
because such information may be required to use our services; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on PipeSearch.com.
- At any time a consumer user can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by emailing us at support@PipeSearch.com.
You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future.
It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys,
without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. We want you to feel confident using PipeSearch.com to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
No Rights of Third Parties
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes.
Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies.
A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate PipeSearch.com.
A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.)
If you do so, some of the features and services of PipeSearch.com may not function properly.
We may allow third-parties to place cookies on our Website to help with business analytics or specific features of the Website or business.
These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or
interact with features.